Tuesday 29 June 2010

Once upon a time...

First of all, I believe an introduction is in order. I am Lyra, a 23 year old with completely normal everyday interests. I like to read books and poetry, listen to music, visit friends in various parts of the country and try new things whenever I can. I run a business, I use public transport, I have a fairly normal life.. Or at least that's how my intorduction would have read 8 weeks ago. I still have all of the above but now I also have a slightly darker, less innocent and infinitely more pleasurable life because in the last two months I've had my eyes open to a whole new world.

That's why I'm here now to be honest. I've had a fairly vanilla sex life until recently. I've had two long term (both 3 years, I'm sure you can do the maths) relationships, one of which was experimental but I wouldn't class it as kinky and the other.. well.. I was engaged to man that could politely be called less interesting than a green bean in the bedroom but at least he could keep up.

I've had both male and female partners, sometimes at the same time but largely, they were unremarkable encounters. So now, in this new world of kink and sensuality and hedonistic pleasures, everything feels very surreal. I have weekends away from home with Marlowe and his wife, during which they'll almost undoubtedly unveil another new experience, but at the end of the weekend, as I settle into my own bed and reflect on what I've been up to, I have these hazy memories - images of bodies and skin and hands and toys (I'd never used toys before!) but none of felt real - it felt like I was watching and remembering something that someone else had done. I'm hoping that blogging my experiences as they happen will help me work through what I've been doing, but also, more than anything, I want the memories to be clearer.

I want to be able to look back through this blog and track my experiences, to see how my relationships change with Marlowe and his wife, with my own mind and body and with the people on the scene that are undoubtedly going to change my sex life forever. I want to look back and marvel at my relative innocence (did I mention that I'd never used toys before?) and lastly, I agree with Marlowe. I want to sit here after a year with a glass of champagne (or pimms, or perhaps a mojito or two for old times sake) and celebrate an anniversary of unashamed perversion! Maybe if I'm really good I'll even get a certificate out of it ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment