Wednesday 4 August 2010

The art of balancing

Whilst Lyra was still with us, I had jotted down several posts which I wanted some time to reflect on and which I wanted to post in an appropriate sequence. Having happened upon one of these earlier today, I decided that despite our relationship no longer occurring, the sentiments within this would be useful to me in the future and hopefully to other readers so please indulge me in this retrospective posting:

A few weeks in, I find myself struggling with a particular quandary. On one hand, both Marlowe and I wish to spend time with Lyra. As well as enjoying the sexual exploration, we are having a great deal of fun getting to know one another better and spending relaxation time together.

On the other hand, we have all of the normal day to day living things to do – house upkeep, gardening, shopping – all of the things we struggle to do during the week as we both work quite long hours.

This leads to a third problem. At the moment, there is a real risk that Marlowe and I only have time together when doing tedious chores; that all the “fun” is located in the time with Lyra. It reminds me a little of children spending time with their divorced parents – mum makes them do their homework whilst dad takes them to alton towers on a weekend. There is a real risk that Marlowe and I are “no fun anymore” on our own.....

In many ways, I enjoy the domestic times as they underline the strength of our relationship and our commitment to life together. However, Marlowe and I had a very active social and sexual life before we met Lyra which we now struggle to find time for. The main worry for me is that when Lyra moves on (she is such a wonderful loving person that we expect her to be loved by many and at some point fall in love for herself) which, while hopefully no time soon, will happen; will Marlowe and I have lost the ability to have fun?

After clubbing together this weekend, it has made me realise that we do need to prioritise some fun time together. However, I also want to spend lots of time with Lyra and introduce her to all of the wondrous things out there. Oh, and I do want my house to be liveable in. I suppose I really should carry on working as well.

Anyone have a time machine we can borrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment