Thursday 17 March 2011

A statement of intent

My goodness - how long is it since I posted?

It's not through lack of things to write - I've recently talked with friends about how useful it is to blog as a means of reflection and my kink life has been really busy. So why have I been putting this off?

The simplest answer is probably that I've been really busy with other things. Life gets in the way really quickly between work and other interests. I guess there comes a limit to energy and creativity. Thats the simplest answer but it's not the only one. I have been genuinely unsure how much to use this blog since Lyra moved on. This is a bit silly as when I've talked to her about it she seems fine with it progressing, but part of me has been loath to do things like re-writing the blurb at the top of the home page and I've had a bit of a block on what to do with other pieces I had written about our relationship. There are some bits that I have wanted to post as they're quite powerful but not wanted to seem - well, it feels a bit wrong to be posting things about a past assignation.

I puzzled on this one for a while and I think I have resolved not to just post them, but to draw on them freely when blogging on themes where they fit.

The other thing that gets in the way is that sense of being overwhelmed and wanting to write so many things that I can't find the time for any of them. This is a perrenial problem for me and one that is an occasional major hinderance in personal correspondence. In emails my classic problem is where someone sends me an email that makes me want to respond on many points. I then put off replying until I have time to do so thoroughly, realise that its been a bit of a long pause and feel it needs an extra thorough response to make up for it and then never get round to replying.

Hopeless huh?

SO - If I accept that anything prior to christmas is dead and gone and give myself a "to do" list for the next month or so then I will set out to blog about:
  • Our christmas party and the fine tensions between those that know about your involvement in Kink, those that know a bit, and those that know nothing. This will almost certainly use the phrase "it's not that kind of party"
  • Explore different kinds of scening, in particular looking at the use of nurture in fairly heavy scenes. This isn't something that always fits but does seem to be quite a natural part of my approach to topping much of the time.
  • Role playing and the division between the person and the role (recently had a few interesting points here.
  • Document some really good times and the addition of a new couple to our kink acquaintance.
There are a few other bits that could make it to that list but I think I'll go for keeping it simple and actually post the damn thing!

There - as the title says, a statement of intent!

3 comments:

  1. Guilt..... I'm as bad as you marlowe.

    I'm not as organised as you and don't have a masterplan but I agree. Time to start writing again.

    Here's my intent - to join in with you!

    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I've done some writing this evening, but been distracted. will post again before the end of the week dammit!

    ReplyDelete