Thursday 15 July 2010

When shall we three meet again...?

...Well, actually it was the following Tuesday, but it was a slightly odd experience. Hmm, maybe I need to start back on that Saturday morning-after-the-night-before. 

So, our first night was unexpected, exciting and went fantastically. Come the next morning we went out and got breakfast together. I remember feeling relaxed, content and a bit giggly. Late morning we got back to ours and, following on from a conversation the previous day, I soon headed out to take Lyra back home on one of my motorbikes. Lyra had enjoyed riding on the back of bikes before but hadn't had a chance to do so for ages, so we were going to take our time, take a scenic route and eventually drop her off. 

The ride was gorgeous. I was in a perfect mood to feel that sense of being at one with the machine and the wild we moved through. We went via the Pennines, rolling hills with moorland and forest, tiny lanes and dry stone walls, the air on our faces and the scent in our nostrils. 

I pulled up on a hillside, looking down over a large reservoir for a while and we headed down to the lakeside and paused for a stroll. It was interesting, I felt very comfortable with Lyra then, but found her very difficult to read - I always had found her difficult to read and still do, though I've improved a bit. Talking and walking I really was struck by how wonderful the experience had been and how I wanted to know her better. 

Dropping her home felt a bit sad. It had been so magical a time that ending it felt like a loss. 

Abel has commented how much he enjoyed the pieces taken from email in an earlier posting, so I think it might work if I drop back into mildly annonymised transcriptions of those to add to my memories. Rather than just pasting them in here (as it was quite a flurry of mails over the next few days) I think I will put them in a seperate posting after this one. 

So, when did we three meet again? As I said earlier it was just a couple of days later, on the Tuesday. It was odd because it was in normal social circumstances, and while I don't think any of us were ashamed at what had happened between us, nor did we feel a need to broadcast it. That put us in a social situation (a social interactional type of live role playing game, if you are interested) with a lot of shared friends and acquaintances. We must have a shared pool of acquaintance of at least thirty people, probably significantly more and on that Tuesday there were at least twenty of them around. This made for a really interesting dynamic. Chaste hugs and slightly veiled comments with a delicious sense of shared secrets. 

It also led to our next meeting, one that we hadn't particularly heralded. We had talked about meeting up for a proper weekend together and set some plans for that (more on that when I write about that weekend), but on that Tuesday we were reminded that a friend of ours was starring in a fairly substantial piece of popular theatre, which was playing until the end of the week. 

A number of us wanted to go along, including myself, Lily and Lyra. We offered lifts and crash space and, largely by chance, Lily was the only one who could conveniently take us up on the offer.

I think I will finish this posting here and put together the correspondence around this time, then I'll write up what happened when we met up on the Thursday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment